WHAT IS IPTV?
IPTV is a new technology that delivers video or TV broadcasts over the Internet. While earlier, the only ways to watch television were through over-the-air broadcasts using radio waves or through cable TV, Internet protocol television or IPTV delivers video and audio over an internet connection using technologies used for computer network. It provides a TV- like ‘quality of service’ (always on, reliable) and can be ‘live’ or pre-recorded (on-demand).
IPTV is usually delivered over a managed/closed network. You can watch IPTV on a computer screen, a television screen (through a set-top box) or a mobile device like a cell phone.
ADVANTAGES OF IPTV
- IPTV signals are 100% digital and work on your existing internet connection. Simply install your set-top box and power it on. This means reduced infrastructure costs. Additionally, you get your telephone, data and video (called a “Triple Play”) for a monthly cost.
- Doesn’t require wires to get its signal. The newest IPTV set-top boxes work on wireless signals and provide infinite number of channels.
- On-demand videos : See anything you want to see, anytime, anywhere and on any device. On-demand videos are arranged like a playlist and can be stored on servers. Episodes or clips are arranged by title or channel or in categories like news, sports or music videos. You can choose exactly what you want to watch and when you want to watch it.
- Return path: watching TV on an IP connected service allows delivery of a wide range of extra services from ads to interactive options.
- Delivery over managed networks ensures control over bandwidth allocation, contention ratio and content thus promoting an improved ‘quality of service’ or QoS, ‘quality of experience’ or QoE, security, interactivity and reliability.
SEAL GLOBAL’S IPTV/OTT SERVICES
Seal Global provides End-to-End services in IPTV/OTT. Our consultants have solid understanding and proven experience in :
- Market video distribution solutions
- Designing enterprise-grade architecture
- Content Delivery Network (CDNs) like Akamai, Limelight
- Content Management : Capability in Metadata and video asset management
- Security : Deep knowledge of DRM and CAS solutions
- Billing services and payment gateway
- Modern Web UI technologies
Our IPTV Soutions provide :
- Reliable CMS console for content management, backup and delivery
- Information on CDN Usage, Quality of Service, operations reports
- Reporting platforms for comprehensive reports on monetization and analytics
- Analytics console for Basic Usage Analytics, Advanced Device Analytics and Settlement reports.
- CAS console for controlling subscription and device activation